Child Care and Its Challenges in Kuala Lumpur
CHILD CARE AND ITS CHALLENGES in Kuala lumpur
Why Do You Send Your Child to Child Care
In this real world that we live in, change is constant. The 21st century challenge for parents is the need to earn a decent Income to raise a family. This challenge has resulted in a significantly smaller size of urban families, even in Asia. That is the reality almost everyone faces today. Both parents are individuals who have commenced their career paths after graduation and before tying the nuptial knot which is inevitable.
Almost all Working Parents Support Child Care in Kuala Lumpur
In a recent survey done, some working mothers have expressed that they would rather work than take care of their own child by staying home. They expressed that they rather pay for good childcare with their whole salaries. They reasoned that this is a more balanced life they can enjoy living and not give up or retire from their vocation or profession. The reverse is also practiced by some working mothers. They stay home to raise their child for a good 10-15 years, on the average, and return to the working class thereafter. Some lament that they cannot adapt or become irrelevant after this enforced break. There is no right or wrong answer but a choice to live life and live it more abundantly or meaningfully according to one’s perception. The former option of working mothers therefore put a demand upon childcare services.
On the other hand, the government has also been encouraging mothers to remain in the workforce and motivate them to do so by asking employers to provide in-house nursery. This is obviously a win-win solution if this can be properly and viably implemented. The responsibility rest squarely and jointly on the government and the private sector to make this a resounding success. How long will parents have to wait for this? Your guess is as good as mine. While waiting for this to come to fruition and to ease the parents’ burdens, let us get practical about it. Shall we?
How Do You Select an Ideal Child Care for your Child
In the face of insurmountable challenges, the old adage reminds us that ‘It is always better to be safe than sorry’ . With that as a pivotal consideration, these guidelines may help to reduce your challenges, anxieties and stress:
- Consider your own budget against the affordable monthly cost quoted by a licensed Centre. Review whether there are any hidden costs. All licensed Centres usually collect a one time enrolment fee.
- Assess the Centre personally for its environment- how clean or organised it is, and the all important safety practices.
- Quality of Staff, compassionate, good attitude and well trained.
- Quality of food, hygiene and food preparation
- A convenient location in the vicinity of your home or workplace that is logistically viable for drop-off and pick up of your child. Good logistics and time management must be considered.
- School curriculum and additional development activities
- Parental partnership and effective communication. This allows effective communication to take place at the right time and in the right place for the nurturing of the child’s vital development.
Looking for Day Care in Kuala Lumpur
This additional information is for your consideration.
An overseas survey reveals challenges in childcare service , even in a developed nation, like US, Europe, Australia. Some excerpts below provide a good snapshot of the situation.
What are some of the challenges of the provider?
The challenges faced by employees working in childcare Centre globally.
- Not enough time in the day to do everything.
- Too much paperwork.
- Not enough time spent with the children.
- Difficulty recruiting staff who are qualified.
- Not getting enough support.
- Difficulties in communicating with parents.
- Pay scale doesn’t represent the dedication and hard work.
For your information, a good licensed day care provider plan, design, set up and organise their operational requirements well to be solution based to overcome these above mentioned challenges adequately. Safety, health and environment are key priorities. We ensure, of course that ‘They practice what they preach’.
Challenges Found Locally in Daycare in Kuala Lumpur and Abroad are Similiar
A US survey reveals challenges in childcare, even in a developed nation. An excerpt in selected topics provides a good snapshot of these challenges.1.
- Because most parents work outside the home, most children under five years old receive child care from someone other than a parent. Almost one-quarter (23.4 percent) of children under the age of five are in some form of organized child care arrangement, which includes day care centers, nurseries, and preschools.
- Home care is not always possible, and it’s not always best—a high-quality day care is usually better than an impatient parent, or a disinterested nanny. And if you decide on daycare for the first three years, less is better than more—little kids do better with fewer than thirty hours of nonparental childcare a week.
- Daycare makes kids smarter. … However, there was one encouraging caveat: Children in high-quality daycare had better language and cognitive development during the first four-and-a-half years of life. Even better, the benefits remain at least through to the age of 15.
Child Care in Kuala Lumpur and Overseas Face Similar Universal Challenges
Can we avoid this challenge universally when most parents themselves embrace academics, like an idol? Play is sadly sacrificed.
We hear and embrace this philosophy of child education.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
But what are we doing about it? Not very much or significantly enough.
We can conclude that we are losing our emphasis on play in the world:
* We have limited time for play in classrooms.
* People don’t understand the value of play.
* We say things like, “If you finish your work, then you can play.”
* Academics are given more importance than play.
* Technology is replacing play at home and at school.
More information, more food for thought. So it’s to selecting the right daycare centre or preschool for your child. Isn’t it? This is when the rubber hits the road.
Feel how indomitable these challenges can be, if you do not overcome them through the correct approach. I do hope the foregoing is helpful to you, in this walk with you to face these challenges that all parents will encounter from time to time.
Thank you for reading and stay tuned for our next topic.